We go into schools, colleges, youth centres and other group settings to raise awareness around the effects and impact of being homeless. Also we try to help with breaking down the stigma and barriers that are associated with homelessness.
We deliver this in a variety of ways:-
- 20 minute school assemblies where we give a talk with a question and answer section
- Half Day Sessions where we run a larger more specific workshop
We tailor the sessions to the audience we are working with, for example juniors, seniors and disabilities
We also offer the option for groups of up to ten to come and visit our urban café for half a day, during the day, where they will:-
- Prepare nutritional, home cooked, food ready for our volunteers to serve on the evening to around 56 service users.
- Take part in survival bag packing – these are much needed items that we give out on a weekly basis. The survival bag is made up of two parts – toiletries and the other contains a drink, biscuit, crisps and a chocolate bar
- We also talk about how important it is for everyone to maintain not just their physical health and well being but also their emotional well being. We help with the identification and expression of this through art that is produced on the day.
If you’d like any further information please contact me – Denise Kelly – via email at firstname.lastname@example.org